WYSIWYG text Editor in python?

Enrique ecastro at cicei.ulpgc.es
Mon Dec 17 13:53:11 EST 2001

"John J. Lee" wrote:

> On 17 Dec 2001, Enrique wrote:
>
> >    I am a biochemist using computer programming mainly for
> > data analysis, and a Python fan. Now I have faced a
> > different task, automating text reports. For this task I
> [...]
>
> Just another thought: not entirely sure what you want to do exactly, but
> you might also consider something like Reportlab (pdf generation).

  AFAIK, this tool produces formatted output. But what I
need is a way to INPUT formatted text in a user-friendly
way. I am using HTML tags in the input string, but users do
not like tags. They want to view fomatting while typing, the
way they do in MS-word (or any other graphical word
processor).

  I will browse Reportlab, anyway
Thanks
Enrique