py2exe question

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at online.no
Sat Dec 8 20:59:17 EST 2001

At first py2exe seems to work very nicely on a couple of test projects
I've run it on. Thanks, and I particularely like that it integrates
with the distutils which also are cool. Now all we lack is a kind of
cpan that have ALL the modules and the newest ones at
that. ActiveStates PPM is nice but the modules there are too few and
many are old.

My question on py2exe is: Is it possible to make an exe that searches
the normal sys.path for modules that doesn't exist in the exefile
itself?

When I create a barebones py2exe exe by --excluding all modules I get
import error because py2exe overrides the import mechanism in python
to only search in the py2exe file itself, at least that's how I have
understood it. Does anybody have any tips for accomlishing this?

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad