SMPP module in Python ?

chas infobot at skinnyhippo.com
Thu Dec 13 23:56:20 EST 2001

Greetings all,

Just doing the customary "not wishing to reinvent the
wheel" check, before writing a module :

Has anybody's done any work with SMPP with Python, and
perhaps even created the beginnings of an SMPP module ?

If none currently exists, I guess it would be easier
to use Jython with the Java SMPP Library from Logica
(http://opensmpp.logica.com/) but Java support is still
flaky on some OS's (namely FreeBSD, which is my server OS),
so I tend to prefer the pure Python solutions (less
points of failure).

one-day-I'll-have-to-move-my-servers-to-linux'edly-yours,

chas