Time for a Fresh Scheme Standard: Say Goodbye to the RnRS Relic

MJ Ray markj+0111 at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Dec 22 20:20:37 EST 2001

Erik Naggum <erik at naggum.net> wrote:
>  No, it is not.  It is time to leave Scheme behind.  [...]

Oh joy.  I thought I saw the last Naggum post when I unsubbed from
comp.lang.lisp.  Are you still sore that Scheme is installed on far more
computers than oxymoronically-named "Common" Lisp?

>  If you are not welcome in the Scheme community, take a hint: Leave. [...]

The Scheme community is a warm and welcoming place compared to the Common
Lisp one, I think.  The the open, academic-yet-practical, friendly spirit of
Lisp lives on in comp.lang.scheme and numerous general lisp mailing lists.
We just don't like anonymous posters saying that we got it all wrong.