Time for a Fresh Scheme Standard: Say Goodbye to the RnRS Relic

New Scheme newscheme at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 22 04:02:35 EST 2001

David Rush <kumo at bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<okfg064ugsh.fsf at bellsouth.net>...

> So who the fuck are you anyway?
[...]
> This is such bullshit...
[...]
> This is such bullshit, it has to be a troll. You're secretly Erik
> Naggum aren't you?
[...]
> I did it in Scheme because I don't have to fuck around with
> a lot of stupid mis-features from 'advanced' languages like
> Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, or (God help us) C++ and Java
[...]
> the current generation of no-talent simps graduating into
> the CS business.

> > Solicit help from the Common Lisp community
[...]
> They're a bunch of losers who have bought and sold the
> lambda-nature for a profit.
[...]
>  So who the fuck are you, Mr. Hotmail.com?

Your extreme pathologic response clearly demonstrates the problem with
the small, fundamentalist group of scheme "defenders of the faith"
that are being left further and further behind as the world moves
forward.

Anyone calling for injection of fresh ideas into the language is
attacked with a level of spite and religious vehemence rarely seen
outside of fundamentalist religious sects.

Rather than address the issues raised in the positing, you spent
considerable effort attacking me and others in your reply.  You
attacked other languages such as Lisp, C++ and Perl..  You attacked
the other programming communities as if they were the devils own.  I
can just imagine you frothing at the mouth, up on the pulpit declaring
that the evil sinners who do not follow the one true way of scheme
will rot in hell for all eternity.

Resisting the inevitable, sticking your head in the sand and yelling
obscenities at anyone and everyone who has the audacity to suggest
change is like pissing into an oncoming typhoon
 you just end up with
wet pants, looking like a sad old man who has lost all bowel control.

Its time to reinvigorate scheme.  See you in hell.

> david rush
> (who has just watched _the matrix_ for the first time and is feeling
> pretty radicalized just at the moment)

Congratulations on seeing the matrix; its only been out for, like,
three years.  That explains alot.