A common GUI define like rebol VID?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Tue Dec 11 12:56:59 EST 2001

"Oleg Broytmann" <phd at phd.pp.ru> wrote in message
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 09:21:55AM +0800, luckey wrote:
> > I don't understand why not python define a common GUI like REBOL VID ?
>
>    Because Python is The Real Programming Language, not a small GUI toy.
> How do you think to implemet that comman GUI on a Palm? Amiga? DOS?
(Python
> works on many, many different platforms, not only on XWindows and that
> broken M$ Ophis GUI).

I know you've already mentioned Anygui -- I'd just like to poit out that
Anygui will hopefully work on all these platforms. (Yes, *including*
DOS... We already have beginning implementations of textgui and cursesgui
in CVS :)

We don't currently have a Palm-specific backend, but have been talking
about a Qt backend for embedded linux. I'm sure we'll get something for
Pippin (Palm Python) eventually as well.

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                           The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                           http://anygui.sf.net