Emacs python mode, pyshell behaving strangely (win2k)

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at online.no
Mon Dec 24 01:06:04 EST 2001

Merry Christmas, emacs'ers and pythoneers.

I have a strange problem with the python mode python shell. If I
create a Tkinter(a python gui toolkit) window and call the Tkinter
mainloop on it, the python process gets detached from the emacs shell
window. When I later close the Tkinter window I can't reach the python
process from the shell window.

This behaviour is the same when starting the python interpreter from
the ordinary emacs shell. But not the same when starting the python
interpreter from an ordinary os shell (cmd.exe).

The behaviour of the emacs shell after closing the Tkinter window is
seems the same as starting the python interpreter in an emacs shell
without specifying the -i option, if that is of any help. Is there any
way to resolve this problem?
--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad