Games Made w/ Python

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Fri Dec 28 15:09:59 EST 2001

Le 28/12/01 à 18:20, Laura Creighton écrivit:
> > Btw., your mail scored pretty high in my spam filter (SpamAssassin with
> > Vipul's Razor).

> > Please consider using a realname on Usenet. It's just nicer than talking
> > to nobody@'s, fish@'s and root@'s :-)
> >
> > Gerhard
>
> I have some friends who are Mathematical Ecologists.  They were
> simulating the Grand Banks for the Canadian Department of Fisheries.
> They were finding lots and lots of bugs in S the Statistical package
> they were using.  No matter how many times they reported them, they
> never seemed to get fixed, commented upon, or even noticed.  They
> were quite annoyed
>
> Finally, I told them, 'Guys, you have got to stop sending your bug
> reports in from account names of bluefish, tunnyfish, and _especially_
> fishee.  Get nice account names from the university.'  .... worked
> like a charm.

I have no problem with strange or even fake email adresses on Usenet,
but I'd like to know who I'm talking to. There are at least three
possibilities to achieve this:

- configure your client to put your realname in the email address like
  "John Doe <nobody at nowhere.net>"
- put your name below the message or
- put it in your signature

IMHO it's good practise to remind newbies of the netiquette ...

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0