vi or emacs for editing Python on Linux?

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Sat Dec 22 03:18:13 EST 2001

Steve Lamb <grey at despair.dmiyu.org> graced us by uttering:
> Anyway, point is not to try to wrap one editor in another editor's
> keystrokes.  You're spending more time rebinding everything and
> working around how you think things should work than you would just
> learning the editor for what it is.

In general, I agree with you, but there should be certain exceptions, I
think. For example, applying basic vi-keybindings to Slrn and Mutt so I
can do all my IMAP and NNTP work without *ever* taking my fingers off
the home row...

...except to change songs in Xmms...

...no, even that's a mere <M-Tab>b<M-Tab>.

I wonder what that little thing next to my keyboard is. The one that
says "Logitech" with a cord coming out the back...

;)

Tim Hammerquist
--
$ echo `find /mnt/windows | wc -l` wasted directory entries.