Mass mailing module for Python

Kragen Sitaker kragen at pobox.com
Sat Dec 1 06:58:40 EST 2001

"Max M" <maxm at normik.dk> writes:
> Without having tried it I guess that using a regular mailserver and then
> just sending tons of mails from that, one at a time, wont work either.
> Though it would be very easy. Here I am thinking about bouncing mail and
> unavailable mailservers, but I could be wrong.

So you think it might be easier to write your own mail server from
scratch in Python than to set up existing mailserver software to be
reliable?  I think you might be wrong, but I haven't done what you're
proposing to do.

If I were, though, I'd probably use qmail or Postfix, probably
Postfix, and I'd probably run my mail generator on the mail server
instead of talking to it over SMTP.  I bet I could get it running in
an afternoon if I had physical access to the right hardware or remote
access to a machine with Debian 2.2 installed.