How to compare text?

cmkl cmkleffner at gmx.de
Tue Dec 4 07:36:48 EST 2001

what about using the standard module 'difflib' with all it's helpers?
This module uses a very smart and fast algorithm for comparing
sequences and evaluating differences.
- The difflib method 'ndiff' is an easy wrapper to a UNIX-diff like
  function to compare lists of strings.
- others are the classes Differ and SequenceMatcher
Maybe that's overkilled for a simple purpose, but its worth
to take a look.

Carl