cmd module documentation lying?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Dec 7 11:13:46 EST 2001

[I'm sending this back to the list, 'cause it might be helpful to others]

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, pwang99c wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I'd love to contribute documentation, but i don't know how.  There is
> a good bit of information on python.org/doc, but it could be fixed up
> a little and an example might not hurt.  I would gladly do those.

There's

    http://python.sourceforge.net/devel-docs/about.html

but that's not too helpful, and

    http://python.sourceforge.net/devel-docs/doc/doc.html

which is probably a bit overwhelming.

Do you speak TeX at all?  The Python docs are in LaTeX, and are part of
the source documentation or CVS.

If you can do TeX, then great; send patches as described in

    http://www.python.org/patches/

If you can't, but can find the relavent sections of the docs and can
supply words, then you can still submit a patch with little or no markup
-- I think Fred's got quite good at adding markup to verbiage by now :)

> oh, and i've submitted a bug report to David Beazley on his book.

Goody.

Cheers,
M.