run Tkinter app with no console window?

Quick Dry quickdry at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 10 19:43:19 EST 2001

"Carty Castaldi" <carty at mazunetworks.com> wrote in message
news:9v3bhv$m4e$1 at news.harvard.net...
> Hi.  I am just learning python and like it quite a bit.  I have written
some
> small/useful apps with Tkinter UIs and would like to be able to run them
on
> Windows with no console window or the console window completely hidden.
Any
> help appreciated.

if you rename the top level python program to have the extension '.pyw' then
it should run without the console appearing.

If you look in the directory you have your Python interpreters you should
see 'python.exe', and also 'pythonw.exe' using this to run your script
instead of the normal interpreter won't bring up the console.

Steven