ANNOUNCE: ciphon 0.3.5

Suchandra Thapa ssthapa at classes.cs.uchicago.edu
Thu Dec 27 17:17:25 EST 2001

    I've completed ciphon 0.3.5.  Ciphon is an utility to provide features
similar to the perl CPAN shell.  It lets you automatically download and
install python modules.

Changes:
Readline is now optional
Several bugs have been fixed (installation of rpms, errors with missing
    the installed.xml file)
The configuration is now saved after the first start up if the ~/.ciphonrc
    file is not present
A few other bugs in installing and determining whether a package is current
    have been fixed

Ciphon is available from ftp.community.tummy.com in /pub/python-packages,
or from sourceforge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonsiphon/), or
from within ciphon itself.

There are still some problems with rpm installations due to modules
not listing all their files.  However, standard installation should
work and I have received reports of successful installations using
standard installations.

There is also a mailing list for ciphon available at sourcefoge.  The
signup page is at
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/pythonsiphon-devel

Suchandra Thapa                       | "There are only two kinds of math .
s-thapa-11 at NOSPAMalumni.uchicago.edu  | books. Those you cannot read beyond