CEPort: I Need help with compile.c bug

Brad Clements bkc at Murkworks.com
Mon Dec 31 10:00:26 EST 2001

Okay, here's the "DUH".

compile.c converts strings to ints.. if there's an error, it converts them
to longs. I've made some changes to the CE port because there's no errno
(not exactly).. Those changes weren't complete, so int's would always be
loaded as longs because compile.c would always think there was an error.

Eventually I fixed that problem, but by then all the test .py files had been
compiled, so when I re-ran the tests, the .pyc's had long constants.

That's why deleting the .pyc's appeared to "fix" the problem. The real fix
was made a few days ago, but I couldn't see it .. Duh!

--
Brad Clements, DevNet Sysop 5
Developer Network Sysop Team