finance programs

djmitchell djmitchell at optushome.com.au
Fri Dec 7 21:29:35 EST 2001

> Are there any fnance packages being worked on that anyone knows about?
> Maybe something that I can at least get ideas from?

In the book "Python Programming on Win32", one of the examples in the first
few chapters is a finance package.  From memory (I haven't read this part
of the book for a while), it doesn't go into massive depth, but it covers
the initial app design and lots of specific bits in reasonable depth.

I'm pretty sure the focus of this section is using Python to write the
functional parts of the app, then exposing these bits as COM objects for
use by a VB-coded GUI.  Again, my memory might be playing tricks.

Check out the book in your local bookshop to see if it covers what you want.

Good luck

Dave M.