11-15 new Python Books on the way! (fwd)

Bruce Eckel Bruce at EckelObjects.com
Sat Dec 8 21:14:21 EST 2001

There's a chapter in "Thinking in Patterns" (downloadable from
http://64.78.49.204/) that might help, although it does assume you
know something about Java, sorry. Plus many people have found
"Thinking in Java" (also downloadable from the same site) to be
helpful in understanding that language. I don't feel bad tooting my
horn, since it's free, so no risk on your part.

On 12/8/01 at 5:25 PM schull at digitalgoods.com wrote:

>I'm pleased to hear of a specifically-Jython book.
>
>As a python programmer interested in accessing java libraries, and
as
>a NON
>-java programmer I’m “shocked and amazed” at the
>Byzantine nature of java documentation, and code.
>
>Has anyone written a “guide to jython for non-java
>programmers?”.
>
>Or might one of the java bean programming environments offer a
good
>“entry way?”
>
>Or  is it hopeless  to suppose that one could learn to use java
>libraries, frameworks and beans without learning to read and write
>java?
>

>LLewin at oreilly.com (Laura Lewin) wrote in message
>news:<a05ac97c.0111260514.574593d6 at posting.google.com>...
>> This is a great list!  You can also add Jython Essentials,
O'Reilly,

http://www.awaretek.com/plf.html

>--

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming at earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar