Two languages, too similar, competing in the same space.

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Thu Dec 27 18:04:47 EST 2001

>And I like and respect Matz and the whole Ruby community. I wish them well.
>But I recognize that their success may, on the margins at least, slow down
>Python.

I would think it more likely that Matz will simply pick up many
folks who know Japanese but not English fluently. The world is a
very large place, where even niche variants of programming languages
can attract followings sizeable enough to give languages for those
niches momentum. This would characterize Python's early history, as
a matter of fact.

C//