ETA for Win32all under Python 2.2?

David Brady daves_spam_dodging_account at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 19:07:55 EST 2001

Did you see the part where I said "anything you could
fix yourself"?  You have apparently overlooked my vast
capacity for ignorance.  It's vast.  It's vaster
than... well, it's really vast, okay?  Vast.

I would *LOVE* to know how to build the package, but I
haven't got a clue where to even begin.  I've got a
Windows box, Visual C++ 6.0 and an internet
connection.  Where do I go from here?

Where do I get the package to build?

How do I build the package?

If your reply has anything to do with CVS, how the
heck do I get at it from Win32?  (Lots of people have
told me they've heard of other people doing this, but
I'm starting to think it's an urban legend.)

> (if it doesn't, please submit a bug report).

*sigh*  Vast, man, vast.  How do I submit a bug
report?

Thank you kindly for your patience,

-dB
P.S. Please note, I may be ignorant, but I'm not
stupid.  If there is a good place that explains how to
get and build Python and its packages, I'll happily
wade through the documentation.  It's *finding* the
documentation that's killing me.

=====
David Brady
daves_spam_dodging_account at yahoo.com
I'm feeling very surreal today... or *AM* I?