inproc server with gordon mcmillan's installer

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Sun Dec 23 09:07:28 EST 2001

Craig Morris wrote:

> While it seems simple to get a local com server working with Gordon
> McMillan's installer package, I am having trouble figuring out how to
> make the inproc stuff (introduced in version 5) work.  I can't seem to
> find an example or much doc on this.  If anyone could  point me towards
> some, I would be grateful.

You shouldn't have to do anything special. If your class's _reg_clsctx_ has
the CLSCTX_INPROC bit flag on, you'll get a dll and a little extra
registration logic. It's the _reg_clsctx_ flag that drives this - you don't
have to use any command line options or anything else.

You cannot use an inproc server created this way from a process that uses
Python - the dll *must* be the one to start Python (or it can't get it's
import hooks in). So you can't fire up the interpreter to test it - you'll
need to use WScript or Excel or ...

-- Gordon
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/