Do 2.2 and 2.1.1coexist well?

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Wed Dec 5 23:29:44 EST 2001

[David C. Ullrich]
> I imagine it's true nonetheless that the 2.x install is not
> going to change the 1.5 registry entries, eh? (Not if I
> back them up first, anyway...)

Nothing has actually changed since the last time I answered this <wink>:
no, except the registry entries for Windows-mandated one-of-a-kind shared
resources, like (a) file extension associations, and (b)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
    Software\
    Microsoft\
    Windows\
    CurrentVersion\
    App Paths\
    Python.exe

which tells Windows which version of Python to run when you, e.g., enter
plain "python" from the Start -> Run box and haven't fiddled your Windows
PATH to pick up some other version of Python before it.

Just try it!  If you don't like it, you can uninstall it.  The 2.2 installer
undoes everything the installer did, including restoration of file
extensions etc.