Handling callbacks from COM

sam westernsam at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 07:30:04 EST 2001

Hello,

I am using pythons' win32com to use a thrid party ActiveX control. I
have very limited documentation but it does mention that I have to
handle four call backs. I have used the makepy tools to generate a
library in order to take advantage of early binding, and the generated
Python gives (commented out)prototypes for these callbacks, but I have
no idea where these need to be implemented. I guess each callback is
an event (seeing as they can occur asycronously), and thefore need to
be handled in a different thread from the main client.

Any clues on this greatly appreciated.

Sam