Python classes for reading/writing/parsing MIDI files

Erik de Castro Lopo nospam at mega-nerd.com
Fri Dec 7 16:36:42 EST 2001

Will Ware wrote:

<snip>

> It looks like midithing is the closest to what I've been trying to do. My
> only reservation about adopting it is that I am a lamebrain Red Hat user
> who is still stuck on Python 1.5.2 because the RPM system whines about
> breaking other stuff if I try to upgrade, and midithing needs a more
> current version of Python.

What you can do is install python 2 from source code and keep the version Redhat
insists on. The existing python version is in /usr/bin and the source installed
version will be placed in /usr/local/bin .

The other option is trying a better Linux distribution like Debian which currently
has bother 1.5.2 and 2.1 available.

Cheers,
Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)