C++ throw causes abort in extension?

Guido Goldstein guido.goldstein at a-nugget.de
Mon Dec 24 15:31:28 EST 2001

Hi!

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001 19:02:22 GMT
  "Chris Tavares" <christophertavares at earthlink.net> wrote:
> "Robert Nikander" <nikander at mindspring.nospamcom> wrote in message
> news:20011224.123518.378096161.2956 at localhost.localdomain...
> > Hi everyone,
> > I am trying to use C++ in my Python extension, but any throwing of
> > exceptions cause the program to 'abort.'
[...]
> Typically, this sort of problem arises when mixing C++ and C. I'm not a GCC
> expert (I do most of my programming on Windows, actually) so take what I'm
> saying with a grain of salt, but...

[...]
> In the Windows world, the solution is to compile main with a C++ compiler,
> not a C compiler. No clue what to do under GCC/Linux, though.

Exactly the same on *nix/Linux.

With the Python-2.2 comes a switch for configure which is named:
  --with-cxx=<compiler>

Maybe that should use this to get C++ support and the desired
exception handling.

Bye
  Guido G. <-- note that! :-)
--
In case of emergency, the only thing better
than presence of mind, is absence of body.