REPOST: Re: install Python2.2 question

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Thu Dec 27 05:17:20 EST 2001

<zhangsc at neusoft.com> graced us by uttering:
> My computer operation system is Red Hat Linux7.0,
> I install python2.2,it raise a error,How to correct?
> it follows:
>
> [root at storm /root]# rpm -i python2-2.2-2.i386.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         libcrypto.so.2   is needed by python2-2.2-2
>         libdb-3.2.so   is needed by python2-2.2-2
>         libexpat.so.0   is needed by python2-2.2-2
>         libreadline.so.4   is needed by python2-2.2-2
>         libssl.so.2   is needed by python2-2.2-2

v2.2 is the most recent release of Python and was probably built
using libraries
that didn't come on your distribution CDs. The rpm you're trying to
install requires the listed rpms in order to function.

You can try to search for them at one of the http://rpmfind.net/
mirrors.

If you have a sufficient devel environment and you are up to the
challenge, you can try to build Python yourself, but it may be more
trouble than it's worth if you're new to linux.

HTH
Tim Hammerquist
--
Little one, I would like to see anyone -- prophet, king or
god -- persuade a thousand cats to do anything at the same time.

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======: