Games Made w/ Python

Andrew Wilkinson ajw126 at student.cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Dec 13 07:14:39 EST 2001

Gerhard Häring wrote:

> Le 13/12/01 à 06:10, nobody at nowhere écrivit:
>
>>Is Python an appropriate language for game programming?
>>

> Yes! Check out http://www.pygame.org/ It rocks.

I've found it's excellent, I knocked up a quick wrapper for a DirectX
graphics engine and have been programming an entire game using python. I
get speed of development because of python, and speed of execution
because all the drawing code is in compiled c++. It's perfect!
When the game gets nearer completion I will move the python code over to
c++.

I've even been cosidering adding a text editor into the game, so I can
edit the game files as the game runs. /me drools at the possibilities.

Andrew