Python CPAN beta test

Suchandra Thapa ssthapa at classes.cs.uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 19 21:44:19 EST 2001

MikeK <mkent at atlantic.net> wrote:
>Then, I told ciphon (or is it siphon? It's called both in various
>places) to use RPMs.  That was a mistake.  Not one package installed.
>But when I tried again, telling it NOT to use RPMs, everything was
>smooth sailing.
>
>Here's the tail end of an attempt to install egenix-mx-base using
>RPMs, where the error occurs.  If you need more info, email me:

    Yes, there was a bug in installing rpms.  It assumed distutils
put rpms in the top level directory when they were placed in a subdirectory.
Ciphon 0.3.4 should fix this, at least I was able to install packages as
rpms using this version.

Suchandra Thapa                       | "There are only two kinds of math .
s-thapa-11 at NOSPAMalumni.uchicago.edu  | books. Those you cannot read beyond