/usr/bin/env: python: No such file or directory

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Dec 18 14:39:26 EST 2001

Fernando Pérez wrote:

> Right. Just discovered that yesterday: I also broke printing!
>
> At this point I'm fully willing to say that RedHat has simply put out
> broken python setup. I fail to see one good reason for the current
> mess, with
> system-level things (like printing) needing python 1.5 to be the
> default and
> be called python.

It wouldn't be too surprising.  Red Hat seems to be fond of shipping
custom versions of everything, to the point that some are totally
unofficial or downright broken.  Take the gcc 2.96 fiasco, for instance.

/  \ Laws are silent in time of war.
\__/ Cicero
    Esperanto reference / http://www.alcyone.com/max/lang/esperanto/
 An Esperanto reference for English speakers.