strict python?

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 20:50:27 EST 2001

Erik Max Francis wrote:

> Fernando Pérez wrote:
>
>> I honestly don't see any reason for something like that not to be
>> included in python (other than perhaps 'if perl has it it can't be
>> good' :)
>
> Agreed.  For the record, I wasn't suggesting something mandatory.

Certainly not. In perl, it's the -w switch, in gcc the -W family
(with -Wall the max). And that's as it should be, an option (sort of
a builtin pychecker).

While on the topic of pychecker, I've been a bit disappointed. Not
meaning to demerit the developers, I'm sure it's been a ton of hard
work, but when I've used it I tend to get way too many spurious
warnings and very little substance. Well, maybe I just don't know how
to use it well, I really haven't looked at it in detail.

Regards,

f.