mp3info and python

Dave Pawson DaveP at dpawson.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 14:41:28 EST 2001

My need is to read the header info from an mp3 file,
to determine its play time. (This is stuff we've encoded ourselves)

Finally managed to get mp3info.py, and it appears
to work OK, except it always shows a 00:00 length.

Reading the associated documentation, I'm unsure if
an mp3 file tells the whole tale in its header,
or whether the blocks which make up the file actually
sum to the total time of the whole file.

Has anyone used this please, and could share
experience?

All I need is to pull the length from 50 or so files
in sequence and add the times, nothing fancy inside
the files.

Regards DaveP