sys.path ordering question

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Dec 19 20:06:12 EST 2001

Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> writes:

> Use a .pth file like these packages do.  This is really what the Win32
> extensions should do too.

But I thought one problem with .pth files is that they wouldn't work
if Python was invoked from a COM object (and couldn't locate the
executable location, and thus the .pth files), which would certainly
affect the Win32 extensions.  Or since that's been cleaned up in
Python 2.2 (I think), is this a 2.2+ suggestion?

--
-- David