How to use win32.NetUseGetInfo()

F.Immich frankimmich at gmx.de
Fri Dec 7 03:30:17 EST 2001

Hello there,
I have a question concerning the win32net module.
I want to map the networkpath (UNC) to the corresponding network
resource within Python.
E.g. E: = \\server1\dr1\dir2
Therefore I think I have to use NetUseGetInfo() ?
But  I get the following error thread:

import win32net
> dict = win32net.NetUseGetInfo( None, 'E:' , 0 )
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "C:\info.py", line 4, in ?
> dict = win32net.NetUseGetInfo( None, 'E:' , 0 )
> pywintypes.api_error: (2250, 'NetUseGetInfo', 'Die Netzwerkverbindung
> konnte
> nicht gefunden werden.

This tells me that the Network connection couldn’t be found...
But the DOS command: net use E:   works fine !!!

What’s wrong. Am I using the .NetUseGetInfo() command correct ?
Thanks for Help
Ciao Frank