Another distutils question

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Dec 21 17:31:20 EST 2001

Fernando =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E9rez?= <fperez528 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Thanks Martin. I actually have PyXML and did see the setupext/
> stuff, I just didn't want to add yet another extraneous module to my
> package. I'm trying to stick to the standard tools when possible,
> and my case was simple enough that an ugly kludge allowed me to make
> it work (but *really* ugly).

Please understand that I'm still using standard tools. distutils was
specifically designed to allow commands to be overridden, and this
is what I'm doing (thanks to Rene Liebscher, BTW, for providing the
original version of install_data).

> I did like a lot the enhanced install though. It seems like the kind
> of functionality that's badly needed in distutils. Any chance of
> that making it into the standard for new releases?

distutils is currently unmaintained. Volunteer contributions are
greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Martin