How to print e.g. 0x00d3: 0x2559, # BOX DRAWINGS UP DOUBLE AND RIGHT SINGLE regardless locale settings ???

Werner Schiendl ws-news at gmx.at
Tue Dec 18 06:36:42 EST 2001

Hi,

you must know the locale settings of your printer to print non-ASCII (i. e. ord > 127) characters on your printer (unless you have a unicode capable printer, which I do now know of one...).

Use the unicode object's encode() method with the proper encoding for the printer to get the right, encoded string.
When you send this to your printer, you'll get the desired result.

hth
Werner