The Best Smart Card Story You've Never Heard

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Wed Dec 5 10:27:43 EST 2001

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 04:15:09PM +0100, Rupert Kolb wrote:
> That means, that spamers are NOT afraid of sending spam to the list or
> the
> private email addresses of the people which are active at the list.

   Spammer are arae afraid of something.

> I think, the maintainers should do something against the spam.
> Maybe other people at the list disagree.

   I agree. But *how* is another question. Most other spam-free mailing
lists I know are !closed! lists - only registered subscribers may write,
and only from registered addresses.
   Python mailing list cannot be closed - it is gatewayed to (and from)
newsgroup comp.lang.python.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru