persistant options

Andrei Kulakov sill at sill.silmarill.org
Sun Dec 16 15:27:52 EST 2001

Hello,

I'm looking for solutions or advice on persistant options / config file.

Here's an example file:

~/.programrc
    # this option does [...]
    opt1 = 3

When the program is run and this option's changed from inside program,
it should be written back to the config file.

I know how to do this but I thought maybe there's a module that does
this sort of thing already. I searched VoP but there's nothing of this
sort there.. It seems like a lot of programs would benefit from this
capability.. right?

 - Andrei

get it at: cy.silmarill.org