How to know that a second application has finished?

Enrique ecastro at cicei.ulpgc.es
Tue Dec 18 11:27:20 EST 2001

Hi,
   Let me put my question again, in a different and more
general form. I have a Python program that launches a GUI
application in a separate window via COM. I am using Python
2.1.1 with win32 extensions in MS-Windows (win95/98/NT)

Is it possible to suspend the main Python program until the
COM application has finished? (has been closed).
I want to resume from that point onwards. How the main
program gets information of the state of other applications
launched from it?

Thanks in advance
Enrique Castro