jpeg files displayed in a loop

Wolfgang Teschner wtr at hannover.sgh-net.de
Tue Dec 11 15:45:36 EST 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:03:28 +0100, "Alex Martelli" <aleax at aleax.it>
wrote:

>"Wolfgang Teschner" <wtr at hannover.sgh-net.de> wrote in message
>news:rp8a1u82me3g8v8ievtfjve9llbodq6rau at 4ax.com...
>> Hi,
>> I want to automatically display all jpeg files of a dir in a long
>> loop, with a wait time between the different displays. Just that.
>> No user input.
>> With PIL, it seems to be impossible because of TKinters mainloop.
>
>Why impossible?  Doesn't Tkinter's "after()" method provides just
>what you need -- sheduling some action (in your case, moving to
>the next image) for X seconds from now?

Hello, Alex,
thank you for your idea!
I have never used TKinter before  (I was exposed to Python just 6
months ago and "worked with it for not more than 3 weeks in that
time), so I didn't know of the existence
of something like "after()". I didn't find it in the examples, either
(viewer.py, plyer.py all do different things).

So I was lost...
I just thought I had a small problem which I could have solved by
browsing through the examples and then start to build-up from them.

Ok, now I can give it another try!
Thanks, again,
wolfgang