Embeddability (was: Python Popularity: Questions and Comments)

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Dec 27 21:38:45 EST 2001

In article <3C2BC584.53199AD5 at cti.ecp.fr>,
Stephane SOPPERA  <soppers3 at cti.ecp.fr> wrote:
			.
>My question is: can ruby be also used as a scripting language for another
>app (not written in ruby)?
>If the answer is yes: is it used in any application?
			.
			.
			.
Yes, and yes.

I'm unable to reach any of the Web resources I know that
discuss this point, but, yes, Ruby's fine for embedding
and extending--quite comparable to Python, in fact.

Somebody built a vim with Ruby as an extension language.
There are more serious examples, even, although I can
think of no specific ones just now.  The regular c.l.r
denizens surely can do better.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net