[XML-SIG] Pyana 0.2.0 released

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Tue Dec 18 20:07:03 EST 2001

Uche wrote:
> > But, since you are being so picky, I tested the latest Pyana release
> > (0.2.0) against the latest 4suite release (0.11.1), using the test
> > script that I attached in the previous e-mail*:
>
> Hey, reading is not such a black art, you know.  I specifically said
> 4Suite in current CVS.

Sorry, I think that the argument is slowly shifting and I'm not doing a
very good job of keeping up :-)

My understanding was that you took issue with my unsubstantiated claim
that:
"So, right now, Pyana is probably your best bet for high-performance
XSLT processing in Python while PIRXX offers Xerces SAX2 interfaces."

I don't think that I am being disingenuous by only comparing the latest
release version of my product to the latest release version of yours. I
do not encourage end users to use the CVS version of Pyana or Xalan but
perhaps your CVS tree is more stable and you do. In which case I am
sorry for comparing apples to oranges. Also note that I did say "right
now" because I knew that both 4suite optimizations were in the works and
that Jürgen would eventually get around to doing XSLT bindings in PIRXX.

> The CVS version of 4Suite is even easier to install than 0.11.1, so
you
> must just not want to follow my challenge...

I tried to install it but I got a lot of compilation errors in
"Ft/Xml/src/domlette/xmlcharhelp.h" (I can send you the error log if
you'd like).

But I notice that you archive your CVS tree. Could you point me to a
shapshot that includes your optimizations but compiles cleanly on
Windows? Also, if there is a more optimal code fragment to execute the
4suite test, please send that as well.

Thanks a lot!
Brian