Do 2.2 and 2.1.1coexist well?

Ron Turner ront at soph-ware.com
Sun Dec 2 01:44:03 EST 2001

Is it safe to install and run both 2.2 and 2.1.1 on the same machine? I
realize that the directory structures are nicely separated, but I am not
certain whether there may be DLLs or other files that would cause contention
or loss of state. We don't seek to launch simultaneous sessions. We just
need to maintain the two installations, if possible.

Related: Does the "Non-Administrative Install" option (under Advanced
Options in the 2.2 Wise Install Wizard) offer a straightforward way to
ensure the separation described above? That directs the DLLs to be installed
within the 2.2's own directory structure.