Python classes for reading/writing/parsing MIDI files

Will Ware wware at alum.mit.edu
Thu Dec 6 21:59:59 EST 2001

I fixed the text formatting problem:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&selm=3C0F67FE.96E7CAE8%40alum.mit.edu

stalin wrote:
>   Have you registered this module with the Vaults of Parnassus?  There
> are several MIDI packages currently listed there; is one of them
> yours?
> http://www.vex.net/parnassus/apyllo.py?find=midi

Hmm. I'll have to look at those. Lots of interesting work there, but mine's
not in there yet. I'd feel better about submitting my thing if I knew I
wasn't obviously replicating something already there.

It looks like midithing is the closest to what I've been trying to do. My
only reservation about adopting it is that I am a lamebrain Red Hat user
who is still stuck on Python 1.5.2 because the RPM system whines about
breaking other stuff if I try to upgrade, and midithing needs a more
current version of Python.