mod_python vs mod_snake

Kalle Svensson kalle at gnupung.net
Wed Dec 12 09:39:47 EST 2001

[Xavier Defrang]
> Hi,
>
> I've got a Python CGI performing XSLT transforms and I experience really
> poor performance because it has to import plenty of modules.
>
> I was then thinking using an interpreter embedded within Apache 1.3. I
> want to rely at least on a minimal application framework so I don't feel
> like using pcgi.
>
> Now the question is should I use mod_python or mod_snake?  Both have pros
> and cons... mod_python looks more mature, more documented and has a
> much simpler architecture than mod_snake.

Not an answer to your question, but...  You might want to take a look at Maki
(http://maki.sourceforge.net/).

"""
maki is an attempt to glue together a simple, flexible framework that allows
you to use XML, XSLT, Apache, and Python to serve web pages. It is a
mod_python handler for Apache that is intended to handle requests made to your
server for XML files.
"""

Peace,
  Kalle