Let's make Python really strict about indentation

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Sat Dec 1 13:33:03 EST 2001

On 01 Dec 2001 18:03:51 GMT, Laurent Pointal
<laurent.pointal at laposte.net> wrote:

>Alexis Layton <alexis.layton at post.harvard.edu> wrote in
>news:3C087F11.4030706 at post.harvard.edu:
>

>> Of course, we could always become REALLY, REALLY strict and never allow
>> a mixture.
>
>Yes... its the solution I adopt, my editor (ConTEXT on Windows) is
>configured to replace tabs by 4 spaces and never insert tab char in my
>sources.

While I am sure most people understood what you meant, to be clear,
you must have certainly meant that your editor "replaces a tab, when
struck, with enough spaces to get to the next tab stop." Inserting
four spaces on a tab would be genuinely annoying, yes? :))

C//