distutils lib path

Daniel Wexler wex at flarg.com
Mon Dec 24 03:26:15 EST 2001

Is there a way to get the name of the platform-specific
subdirectory name of the build/lib*** directory in my
setup.py file?

For example, when I compile under Linux using Python 2.1,
the directory name I want is:

    build/lib.linux-i686-2.1

While, under Windows, the directory name I want is:

    build/lib.win32-2.1

Also, is there a way to have distutils perform some arbitrary
commands after building each extension module?  Or perhaps
to callback to a python function that I can define (which then
can do arbitrary things)?  In my case I want to move or create
links to the resulting .lib or .so files that are built by distutils.

Thanks,

Dan Wexler