Python, Glade and portability?

josegomez at gmx.net josegomez at gmx.net
Mon Dec 3 09:32:10 EST 2001

Hi,
	I have written some Python software in the past for my own
consumption in Linux. Now, there is a need to use that softare in other
"lesser" :-) OS, and I have been asked to port it to windows.

I had written the software using Glade and python (and several Python
extensions), and I now realise that I'd need to re-write the GUI to
accomodate for windows. While this is easy enough to do (I'd just have
to re-write the UI module, probably using wxwindows or somesuch), I'd
rather not spend time on it, and I was wondering whether anyone knows of
an easier solution that might translate the XML produced by glade to
something which is useable in Windows.

	Any help appreciated,
	Jose

--
José L Gómez Dans			PhD student
Tel: +44 114 222 5582			Radar & Communications Group