Python evangelists unite!

James_Althoff at i2.com James_Althoff at i2.com
Mon Dec 3 19:16:04 EST 2001

Peter Milliken wrote:
>Obviously you haven't worked at the architectural
>level of any *large* projects (10's or even 100's of programmers)
otherwise
>you would never make the statements you do. Ignorance is bliss I guess :-)

But since all things are not simply "black or white" you might want to keep
in the back of your mind the fact that our company has written a successful
commercial product that comprises several hundreds of thousands of lines of
Jython code written by several dozen programmers working in multiple
locations throughout the world and has been in production use for over a
year and is expected to be supported for many years to come (the C++
product that it replaced has been supported in production use for over
seven years and counting).

Jim