ANN: lfm 0.7

Iñigo Serna inigoserna at terra.es
Sun Dec 9 13:36:12 EST 2001

Hello,

I've uploaded lfm v0.7 on its web site:

http://www.terra.es/personal7/inigoserna/lfm

[Note that version 0.6 was never publically released.]

lfm is a 'midnight commander'-clone written in Python and licensed under
GNU Public License. It should work on any UNIX with a modern (n)curses
library and Python curses module compiled in. See README file or visit
the web page for more information.

Changes since version 0.5:

Version 0.7 ("Hello Darling, I'm here") - 2001/11/30:

  + 'pyview', a new pager/viewer for use with lfm or standalone,
    internally or externally. It is used as default pager too.
    Some features: Text / Hex view, backwards & forwards search,
                   goto line/byte, un/wrap mode, documentation, ...
  + Rewrite 'show filesystems info' to use internal viewer
  + New 'run_thread' function in which almost every proccess is
    executed, so they can be stopped and there is a working signal too.
    'do_something_on_file' does not use it
  + Implemented 'show file info'
  + Check errors when un/compressing
  + Support for .bz2
  + Removed tar 'v' flag in un/compressing
  + Fixed completition, it should work perfectly now
  + Added Ctrl-D key to delete the whole content of the EntryLine
  + Implemented help: README, NEWS, TODO, ChangeLog or COPYING files
  + Added new function to show special files: html, graphics, ...,
    so we have defined new programs and file types too
  + Added new preference: show_output_after_exec, defaults to yes
  + Fix cursor position after deleting files
  + Default configuration is now saved inmediately
  + Many other bugs fixed again (see ChangeLog)

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Note that my intentions is to end working on lfm as soon as the few
features/bugs listed in TODO are implemented/fixed, so if you have some
comments please tell me them now.

Best regards,

Iñigo Serna