Can I popen a command with a spawnv alike interface?

gradha at iname.com gradha at iname.com
Sun Feb 25 07:51:57 EST 2001

Hello.

I need to popen a command from a python script, and I will always be using
names which expanded at the shell won't make it to the called program. I
have solved this in other scripts using os.spawnv, where I can pass
directly file names to the process and know it will get it right.

Is there a way I could use popen giving file names as arguments rather
than all the command in a single string which will get it wrong due to
spaces and such things in file names?

--

 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha at iname.com - http://gradha.infierno.org
 Other web pages:  http://glub.ehu.es/  -  http://welcome.to/gogosoftware/