What is wrong in my pulldom.startElement()?

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 19 13:48:24 EST 2001

"Bill Xu" <bill.xu at newlix.com> writes:

> Will u please tell me how to use the pulldom.startElement() in the Python
> XML DOM?
>  Following is my simple test program and result.
>  Will u please tell me how to correct this bug?
> "AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'createElement'";

I think you are using startElement itself quite correctly. However,
you have to emulate exactly a SAX parser, i.e. first you need to
invoke startDocument.

Please note that pulldom is undocumented. I don't know what you are
attempting to do, but using pulldom is most likely the wrong way.

Regards,
Martin